Can't set UMS to rebroadcast RTSP -> RTMP w/Xiaomi Small Sq

All the issues related to streaming of recorded media.

Re: Can't set UMS to rebroadcast RTSP -> RTMP w/Xiaomi Small

Postby codster » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Using only UMS:
When I start HLS Broadcast, and "Get Video Only" is selected in the settings. I click start, and it says "HLS in Progress", but nothing is generated. No *.ts files or no *.m3u8 files.
Then if I keep all settings the same and change it to "Get Audio Only" in the settings, then both .ts and .m3u8 files are generated and working when I start the HLS Broadcast (audio only).

Using ULS & UMS:
Of course, if I open ULS (w/RTSP filter), and set it to reencode or decompress. Then open this ULS in UMS. HLS works with video and audio. But this only works for 7m10s.

I made my IPCAM RTSP public and opened the ports if someone else wants to test. You can "ffplay rtsp://brownhome.dlinkddns.com:554/unicast" to confirm you can view the rtsp stream. Then add it to ur UMS, and see if you can view the stream with UnrealStreamPlayer. Video will work in the first case, but not the second.

RTSP URL: rtsp://brownhome.dlinkddns.com:554/unicast
codster

Postby admin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:13 pm

Unreal Media Server and Unreal RTSP source filter do not support this camera - there are no I-frames in the stream at all!
admin
Site Admin

Postby codster » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:55 pm

hehe, Incompatible IP Cam. I have access to the source of the IP Cam, so I'll see if I can add iframes and properly set the SDP-bitrate. See if that helps I guess.

In the meantime, the IP CAM is compatible with "Unreal RTSP DirectShow source filter" and just re-encoding it to the same h264 codec it currently is. It works 100% if I do this. I guess I'll just set this up, but I have to see how I can get rid of this 7m10s limitation...
codster

Postby admin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:09 pm

the IP CAM is compatible with "Unreal RTSP DirectShow source filter"

No it's not. It might work on windows 7 but does not work on windows 10.
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Streaming Files