HTML5 responsive player

Issues when playing live broadcasts with HTML5 player on a web page

HTML5 responsive player

Postby JosebaRDK » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:33 am

Hello,

Is there any proper way to run your HTML5 player as responsive design?

I was attempting with media queries and so on but I'm not able to fix the video player plus controls.
The best way I found out is to send 100% and auto respectively to RunPlayer function. In this case, the width is nice but sometimes I get vertical scroll. Player controls aren't properly resize with this value.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.
JosebaRDK

Re: HTML5 responsive player

Postby admin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:26 am

Hello,

Yes, our SDK has sample web pages with resizable HTML5 player.
admin
Site Admin

Postby JosebaRDK » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:18 am

Oh, I didnt realize about the new examples.

I tried but the window resize isn't apt for mobile devices, at least the one you have as example. I gave a try to IFrame example aswell and this one might work.
If none of this works for me, would it be possible to send the websocket data to another kind of player? I read the "howto" in your websocket sdk part but it's not clear for me.

Btw, Do you know why I cannot trigger the full screen button automatically, for example when the screen orientation is landscape? All the other buttons work but this.

Thanks.
JosebaRDK

Postby admin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:28 am

Yes, the SDK fully describes the websocket protocol for streaming from Unreal Media server, so you can develop your own player.
You need to be familiar with JavaScript programming of Media Source Extensions, which is not trivial at all.
admin
Site Admin

Postby JosebaRDK » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:15 am

Thanks

And backing up to my last question:
Is there any workaround to run fullscreen api automatically on landscape for instance? I know it needs an specific gesture as click or keydown but it cannot done automatically.
However, here (http://robnyman.github.io/fullscreen/), video is auto fullscreen on landscape. I checked out the code but there isnt nothing related to that.

Do you have any clue?
JosebaRDK

Return to Playing with HTML5 Player