Can a Live broadcast from Media Server feed uVMS

Questions related to uVMS

Can a Live broadcast from Media Server feed uVMS

Postby markhenry » Thu May 30, 2013 8:12 pm

I have a RTSP source that is connected to Media Server with a Live broadcast. I would like to use this stream as a source to uVMS as a camera or similar feed. Can uVMS do this? If so, how?
markhenry

Re: Can a Live broadcast from Media Server feed uVMS

Postby admin » Fri May 31, 2013 9:14 pm

The next version of uVMS will allow this via web interface. Currently it is possible, but you
Need to do it pretty tricky way:

1. Create a new static live broadcast with uVMS. Give it some weird IP address like 1.1.1.1 or something.
2. Open up Media server configurator on the uVMS machine. Find this newly created live broadcast and copy its alias.
3. Delete this live broadcast with Media server cofigurator and create a new live broadcast of last type "broadcast RTSP source". Give it the alias you have copied from the deleted broadcast!

That's it!
admin
Site Admin

Postby markhenry » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:49 pm

I got that to work. Is there a way to schedule a record of this stream? I remember seeing a scheduler on your demo site that allows one to set the day and time of day of the record.

Thanks
markhenry

Postby admin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:21 am

Again, you can do it, but currently, not via uVMS web interface.

You need to open up Archival Server Configurator on the same machine where uVMS is installed, find your live broadcast (do NOT add a new broadcast, your uVMS broadcast will already be configured there) and add a recording schedule.
admin
Site Admin

Postby markhenry » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:44 pm

I performed your instructions but noted three other problems:

- The record created in archive did not show up in the archived streams list. If I do a start and stop record within uVMS, the record shows up in the archive list.

- A record created in live server does not show up in the archived streams list within uVMS. The live server stream is also defined in uVMS using a camera and I can view the live stream from uVMS.

- Any recorded stream that shows up in the archived streams list gives me the error "virtual folder not found on the server"

Please let me know how best to resolve these errors.

Thanks
markhenry

Postby admin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:12 am

1. "The record created in archive did not show up in the archived streams list. If I do a start and stop record within uVMS, the record shows up in the archive list."

Unfortunately, uVMS doesn't know anything about the scheduled recordings since you created them directly through Archival Server.
In this version of uVMS that's how it is.

2. "A record created in live server does not show up in the archived streams list within uVMS."

That's normal. uVMS does not use recording on the Live Server side; it only uses the Archival server.

3. "Any recorded stream that shows up in the archived streams list gives me the error "virtual folder not found on the server""

That's abnormal. Was it like that from the beginning? Did you try to reinstall uVMS?
admin
Site Admin

Postby markhenry » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:38 pm

For number 3, it has been like this since install which was earlier this week. I have not tried to reinstall uVMS.

When is the new version of uVMS coming out with all these new nifty features?
markhenry

Postby markhenry » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:53 pm

I was able to resolve item number 3 after re-installing the application. It seems that the folder information was not setup correctly in media server.

I really need uVMS to be able to view records created with Archive Scheduler and Live Server. When will the new version of uVMS have these features? (hopefully soon).

Thanks
Mark
markhenry

Postby admin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:11 am

Hello,

Yes, there will be a new version of uVMS that has these features. Probably September-October 2013.
admin
Site Admin

Return to uVMS Discussions