mixing video from 2 sources

Various experience with applications based on Live Server

mixing video from 2 sources

Postby nick1967reggue » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Hello,
Is there some application that I can mix two video/audio (DV camcorders) sources before send to media server? Application: webcast of event. Possible scenarios: Two camcorders on one computer with live server or two computers (with one camcorder attached on each) with Live servers independently sending stream to one Media server.
Thanks
nick1967reggue

Re: mixing video from 2 sources

Postby admin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:10 pm

We don't support that on the server side.
You could provide a webpage hosting both video feeds on the client side.
admin
Site Admin

Postby nick1967reggue » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:55 pm

I think that if you have some kind of at least two video source's mixer software before Live Server there will be lots of new customers. Maybe 3rd party software? Anybody?
nick1967reggue

Postby pdemediaman » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:17 am

Both Enosoft DV Processor and Vidblaster can mix or switch between multiple DV sources in realtime. Both can output to a virtual DV source. However, Unreal Live Media server seems to have a problem reading those virtual sources properly (errors). Just about every other recording, encoding and broadcasting program recognizes and can recieve video from those virtual sources. I am still playing around with it. If I could get UML to properly recognize those virtual sources, it would be an awesome thing.
pdemediaman

Postby sergeclause » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:56 pm

Hello!

I'm sorry, there is also no change?
We need to broadcast a report about the basketball game with four cameras and a microphone in a commentator. Commentator can not switch video?

I apologize...
sergeclause

Postby admin » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:35 pm

You should really do it on a hardware level, so that the signal that goes into Live Server can be switched by hardware, so Live Server doesn't even know anything about that. There are capture cards that support that. Also, some RTSP encoders do that, Axis 4-ports encoder, for example.
You can also grab streams from Unreal Media Server and mix them in other software: xSplit and vMix.
admin
Site Admin

Postby sergeclause » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Clear.
Thank you!!!
sergeclause

Postby shaggyspfld » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:20 am

If you're looking for a cheap solution you could do what I do and use ManyCam to bring in both the sources then fade/switch between them. using the manycam webcam driver as the source on the feed.
shaggyspfld

Return to Live applications