Live server will not start

Various experience with applications based on Live Server

Live server will not start

Postby Alawot » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:24 am

When you have the ULiveSrcConfig window open, you can see at the bottom right.. "Live Server is stopped" If you click on File->Start Live Server, it changes in the corner to "Live Server is starting" for about 20 seconds and goes back to server stopped. I've had the same result on two different pc's, 1 is XP Pro and the other is Win7 Pro.

I'm also running media server on the same pc. Media server delivers the test avi just fine, but when you try to pull live, the media player says connecting for a while and then reports "Media server dropped connection". I think media server and player are talking just fine. The issue seems to lie with the live server.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated..
Thanks,
Alawot
Alawot

Re: Live server will not start

Postby admin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Live Server listens on port 5120. Make sure no other app uses this port; if it is taken, the Live Server will not start.
Also, check your Event Log.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Alawot » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:40 pm

Port 5120 is good. Here is the info from the application event log when I try to start the server. Not really sure what it means though.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: ULiveServer
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 3/15/2012
Time: 1:29:41 PM
User: N/A
Computer: TCWS003
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ULiveServer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .
Alawot

Postby admin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:21 pm

What OS are you running, what is the version of DirectX?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Alawot » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:33 pm

The system I'm testing on right now is Win XP Pro 32bit with direct X 9
Alawot

Postby admin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:33 am

Something is definitely wrong there on your systems. Do you have any firewall/protection software that may prevent apps listen on ports?
Also, check in Task Manager that ULiveServer.exe is not running.
Did you try to reinstall?
admin
Site Admin

Postby df365 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:07 am

[quote="Alawot"]The system I'm testing on right now is Win XP Pro 32bit with direct X 9[/quote]

Alawot - did you ever resolve this issue with the service not starting? I have exactly the same issue.... :(
df365

Postby admin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:18 am

If you can provide remote desktop connection to this machine, we can take a look.
It's clear that you have some malfunctioning antivirus/antispamware and other "protection" software that does something weird.
admin
Site Admin

Postby df365 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:40 am

There are no AV products installed at this moment and there is still no luck starting the service.

Can you tell me the pre-requisites for liveserver? and what services need to be started before live server is started?

Thanks
df365

Postby admin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:21 am

Just to start, there are no prerequisites but a normal Windows OS.
To operate, you need to have DirectX 8.0 or higher, which is a part of OS nowdays.

Do you have a network adapter (NIC) on your PC?
What does your eventlog say when you try to start a service?
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Live applications