VidBlaster Virtual camera input

Various experience with applications based on Live Server

VidBlaster Virtual camera input

Postby tom.barrett » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Vidblaster offers a virtual output device which appears in the "Add Video Provider" dialogue box as "VidBlaster". However, with VidBlaster running and sending video to that virtual interface, Umedia Live server only sees it as a grey screen. I assume this has something to do with the type of video delivered to this virtual device. Are there any plans to include support for VidBlaster in the next release? It would be nice to be able to take advantage of the benefits of VidBlaster (ie: scoreboard overlay, instant replay, etc)? I don't have the programming knowledge to accomplish these tasks myself.

Thanks!
tom.barrett

Re: VidBlaster Virtual camera input

Postby tom.barrett » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:14 am

Update:
In DirectShow, I can get around this issue by using these three filters:

"Vidblaster Virtual Capture" --> "FFDSHOW Raw Video Filter"--> "e2eSoft VCam Renderer (SDK)"

For whatever reason, Umedia Live serer works fine with the e2eSoft VCam filter but not the Vidblaster. Hope this may help figure out why they don't play nice directly.
tom.barrett

Re: VidBlaster Virtual camera input

Postby stefslon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:44 pm

I've been having the same issue with VidBlaster. I also tried vMix Video output and the issue is there as well. When I use "Preview Source" button when adding/updating the source the video is properly pulled from VidBlaster and vMix and displayed. However, when Media Server invokes a connection this video source in Live Server the video is not there.

I would think that this is somehow an issue in VidBlaster or vMix source filter, but the fact that it works in Preview mode, but not in live mode leads me to believe that has to do with the way Live Server adds this source for the filter graph.
stefslon

Return to Live applications