configure Uscreen stream with Live server + Media server

Various experience with applications based on Live Server

configure Uscreen stream with Live server + Media server

Postby zaki » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Hello,
I have install Uscreen 32bits. Its seems to work fine with ULive server.
But the live broadcast with Media server is not working.

Could you please tell me if I need to use "Static live broadcast" or "Dynamic Live broadcast" in the configuration of a new live broadcast on Media server ?
zaki

Re: configure Uscreen stream with Live server + Media server

Postby admin » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:00 pm

Static and dynamic live broadcasts are explained at
http://umediaserver.net/umediaserver/install.html
http://umediaserver.net/umediaserver/faq.html
and also in help files that come with Unreal Media and Live servers.

Static and Dynamic live broadcasts refer to live sources configured with our own live encoder named Unreal Live Server. For static broadcasts the Media Server initiates connection to the Live Server on TCP port 5120; for dynamic ones the Live Server initiates connection to Media Server on configurable TCP port (5130 by default). The choice between static and dynamic live broadcasts depends on your network infrastructure. For example, if Live Server runs behind NAT firewall, on the computer with periodically changing IP address, then outside Media Server may not always be able to initiate a connection to Live Server. Use dynamic live broadcast in this case.
admin
Site Admin

Postby zaki » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:09 am

Hello,

Now I have set a dynamic live broadcast between Media server and Live server.

I try now to stream on multicast on adresse 239.195.199.17:5017. but when I do "Start MPEG2-TS Broadcasting" and put that multicast adress and port, I see that Media server restart.
But there are no trafic. I see no multicast packet out of my laptop. Could you please help me to understand what happens ?
zaki

Postby admin » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Hi,

It doesn't look good. Something really bad happens when the server starts broadcasting.
What are the stream encodings? Can you play that stream with Streaming Media Player?
You might want to write to techsupport@umediaserver.net and give them TeamViewer details so they can login and see what happens on your machine.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Live applications