Restart live source in recording

Various experience with applications based on Live Server

Restart live source in recording

Postby rzarco » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:43 pm

Is it possible using the SDK to stop and restart a specific live source in Live Server? I am trying to use Unreal.ManualRecEX Start/Stop methods, but these only control live sources without recording settings.

What I am looking for is to have the same possibility of disable and enable to restart a single live source as in ULiveSRCConfig.

With certain capture cards (Osprey) it works well most of the time. But eventually a video/audio source begins to fail the audio, and the only way to correct it is to restart the recording. I would prefer to be able to do it as automatically if possible.

Regards,
Roberto Zarco
rzarco

Re: Restart live source in recording

Postby admin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:15 pm

Can you explain why Unreal.ManualRecEX Start/Stop is not what you need?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Restart live source in recording

Postby rzarco » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Hello,

Under normal conditions, the use of preconfigured recording parameters in ULiveSrcConfig is the best option. Even if the machine is restarted for any reason, I have confidence that the recording will continue as soon as possible.

The recording parameters are mp4 (h264) with AAC audio at 22 kHz (32kbps). It has been detected that sporadically (once a week on a single live source) audio recording fails and generates less data than requested (MP4 files with 10 minutes of video, 7 to 8 minutes of audio data). And although it has not been possible to identify if the cause is in hardware/drivers/software (all update), the solution is simply to restart the live source. I was thinking of doing it by code: A program that checks the recordings (which I have to do anyway) and if it detects the problem, restart the live source.

In my tests, start/stop methods works only with live sources that do not start recording in automatic. And in doing so they do not maintain the configuration that was already defined for each source (root folder, file duration, etc). If I try with sources that are already recording ignores them.

I would prefer that the recording be controlled by the Live Server and only perform a restart of a source when necessary.

Regards,
Roberto Zarco
rzarco

Return to Live applications