UScreenCapture keyframe Rate

Various experience with applications based on Live Server

UScreenCapture keyframe Rate

Postby davy1960 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:08 pm

Is there any way to alter the keyframe interval, in live server software compression?

I have been trying to put together a partial screen capture to iPads using LiveServer & UMS.
In the live server I used UScreenCapture as the source captured as uncompressed video with software compression Real Time with Apple/MS HTTP streaming H.264,AAC. 30fps.
In UMS I generate a live broadcast and start HLS broadcasting with 1second .ts file, keeping 3 .ts files.
I find that each .ts file created is about 6 seconds long and the display latency (on the iPad) is about 10 seconds. The docs indicate I ought to be looking at 3s.

This is on a private gigabit network. The machine (live & UMS on same machine) never gets higher than 8% CPU and no memory issues. The WAP is directly connected to this network (never very busy). I suspect the keyframe interval has got set somewhere, but I can't locate where it might be set.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave
davy1960

Re: UScreenCapture keyframe Rate

Postby admin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:23 pm

In the Live server config, on the Encoding tab, click on "Manual" button and modify Key frames frequency
admin
Site Admin

Re: UScreenCapture keyframe Rate

Postby davy1960 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:53 pm

Thank you. I missed that one. Most helpful.
davy1960

Return to Live applications