Question on Flash setup

Issues related to playing with Flash Player

Question on Flash setup

Postby Savaries » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:49 pm

I have read through the forum here on setting up the flash player but I cant seem to get it to work. I am sure I am overlooking something simple.

I am trying to set up my flash player like you did with the demo site. The one difference is I only have one server so I am trying to do it without changing IIS off port 80 due to that.

Here is the setup I currently have. Actually I think at this point I have installed all of them trying to get it to work.

In the flash example in the SDK and on your demo site you video path looks like rtmp://192.168.0.106:5119/vod/mediaroot/test.mp4, well your ip address is diffrent of course.

When I installed UMS on my computer it has one virtual folder by default /mediaroot/test.avi I was wondering at the diffrence. Is there something I did wrong with my install or if you Virtual Folder called VOD and mediaroot is a folder inside of the virtual folder?

What my problem is the flash player on the client computer will just show "alias of the live source is not recognized by media server". I am not trying to stream live but to steam a mp4 file thats on the computer like you do with the demo.

I am currently using port 5119 which I have made sure is open on my firewall and server. Used an online port checker just to make sure and I have used UMP to test and I can access the file with the Player just not the embedded flash player.

Any help would be great.

If I forgot any info that could be helpful let me know. Trying to help out a couple of friends start a gaming convention and we want to steam some promotional material.

Michael
Savaries

Re: Question on Flash setup

Postby admin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:16 am

You must include the word "vod" in the link.
Also, make sure you use our latest Flash Player.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Question on Flash setup

Postby tommybcool » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:14 pm

"
What my problem is the flash player on the client computer will just show "alias of the live source is not recognized by media server"
It should say something like File not found on server.

The mp4 file is not a live broadcast source, it's a file resource in the Mediaroot folder. Do you have a YourFile.mp4 in your mediaroot folder?

Sounds like your html code says. 'rtmp://yourip:5119/live/YourFile.mp4''
Rather than 'rtmp://yourip:5119/vod/Mediaroot/YourFile.mp4'

If I put that code into an html page like webpage.html, then address it with http://mydomain.com/webpage.html it plays the mp4 file. So if I had a file Yourfile.mp4 in the mediaroot folder of UMS, it would play it.
tommybcool

Return to Playing with Flash Player