Flash Player and Blackberry Playbook

Issues related to playing with Flash Player

Flash Player and Blackberry Playbook

Postby ohdino » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Created a stream to use the flash player in a html page. Loaded it on IIS 7. Works great in IE, Firefox, Chrome...

On the Blackberry Playbook, it loads the player, displays the stream name, but I only get a black screen...no image...

I've tried every combination of settings...lower fps, bitrates, resolutions...etc...

The Playbook does support Flash and H.264.

Any thoughts?
ohdino

Re: Flash Player and Blackberry Playbook

Postby admin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:47 pm

May be it needs base H.264 profile, you can configure that with your encoder or Live Server
admin
Site Admin

Postby ohdino » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:40 am

Yes, I tried H.264B with the lowest possible settings on the main stream and the same thing. Black screen...

Is it possible to set up the URL in Media Server to use the sub-stream of the camera? The sub-stream settings will go lower resolutions than the main stream.

I tried to setup a URL: rtsp://192.168.0.101:554/cam/realmonito ... &subtype=1 It gives me an error with the Streaming Media Player.

I use the sub-stream on my Blackberry phone with DMSS.

Thanks.
ohdino

Postby admin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:41 am

If you are using an RTSP camera, then check how to specify a substream in RTSP URL, this is specific to your camera brand.
With your blackberry Flash player, can you view demo pages on our website?
admin
Site Admin

Postby ohdino » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:33 am

I got the substream to work with the Streaming Media Player on my desktop as well as a web page.

Still comes up blank (black/green) on the Blackberry Playbook and my Blackberry Z10. No errors, just does not display video.

I tried accessing the demos on your website from the Playbook, and the train one worked fine, the others were extremely choppy, you cannot even make out the images...

Any settings that need to be adjusted?

Thanks.
ohdino

Postby admin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:04 am

Well, clearly your Blackberry device cannot decode some h264 streams.
You can try to play with h264 settings on your camera, if you can, see if it hepls.
As said, try to specify base profile level 3.1 - this must be supported by Blackberry.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Playing with Flash Player