Media server has dropped connection

Problems with Archival Server

Media server has dropped connection

Postby streamer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:09 pm

after about 1 minute of archiving i get the message "Media server has dropped connection. Will keep trying to reconnect". after a few minutes i get reconnected and again get same error message after a minute. this cycle repeats.
suggestions?
streamer

Re: Media server has dropped connection

Postby streamer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:13 pm

ip address is "local host" as media server and archival software are on same windows 2008 cloud server.

thanks
streamer

Postby admin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:53 pm

What live source are you archiving?
Can you run player on the same machine, will it also stop playing?

Looks like there is connectivity problems between remote Live Server and Media Server on this machine.
admin
Site Admin

Postby streamer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:35 pm

i have um400 as live source I trying to archive. media server shows live connection is connected and um400 shows as connected.

media server will show live connection status as "Streaming-tcp". I am guessing this is when localhost archiving is taking place. This status may remain even when archival software says connection has been dropped.

i cannot view live broadcast with umedia streaming media player. i receive two different alternating messages:
:direct show unable to render... and media server unable to connect to live source. All the while the um400 and media server show as connected.
streamer

Postby admin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:48 am

You have connectivity issues on your network.
UM400 is connected to Media Server, however, this just means a TCP connection is established, no data is flowing over this connection.
When you start streaming, something prevents the data to arrive smoothly - bandwidth issues, may be firewall settings.
Try to play with flash player on this machine - when you solve that, Archival will archive smoothly as well.
admin
Site Admin

Postby streamer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Yes I had connectivity/resource issues. All is working now. Successful manual archiving on local host.

I would like to automate archiving. Is port 5121 (default) the port number used when entering the archival server ip address and port number into "properties" on the media server ? Other than opening this port in firewall, is there anything additional I need to know for auto archiving?

Thanks
streamer

Postby admin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:09 am

Yes, this port is the only one Archival Server listens on.
It will accept notifications from Unreal Media server and also will accept motion-detection recorded clips from UM400.

To automate archiving, you can also create a schedule for each broadcast on the Archival Server itself.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Archival Server