Accept Remote Commands

Problems with Archival Server

Accept Remote Commands

Postby butimran » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:55 am

In "UArchivalConfig Application" there is one option "Accept Remote commands" which is selected. TCP Port Listening for Archival Commands is : 5121
May I know the format of cammand and how to send to Archival Server.

Regards,
butimran

Re: Accept Remote Commands

Postby admin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:09 am

The Media Server connects to Archival server and sends commands to start/stop recording; you can automate this with with SDK; you don't need to know the format of the command.
admin
Site Admin

Postby boiler » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:34 am

What do you mean "you can automate this with with SDK"? Give an example of functions that can be automated using the "SDK". I need me to the web interface "uVMS" pushed the button "Start Recording" and "ArchivalServer", which is located on the remote computer automatically started the recording process. I am a media server exported file "config.ums" and the archive server imported it. When in the program interface "UArchivalConfig" press the Record button - it's OK. When I give the command to the Web interface "uVMS" - an error message "Unable to start recording. No camera connection to the server." What I did wrong?
(Что значит "you can automate this with with SDK"? приведите пример функций, которые можно автоматизировать с помощью "SDK". Мне нужно чтобы я в веб-интерфейсе "uVMS" нажал кнопку "Начать запись", а "ArchivalServer", который находится на удаленном компьютере, в автоматическом режиме запустил процесс записи. Я медиасервером экспортировал файл "config.ums" и архив-сервером импортировал его. Когда в интерфейсе программы "UArchivalConfig" нажимаю кнопку запись - все нормально. Когда даю команду в веб-интерфейсе "uVMS" - выдается сообщение об ошибке "Невозможно начать запись. Нет соединения камеры с сервером". Что я неправильно сделал?)
boiler

Postby admin » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:23 am

Boiler!

Again, please don't mix using uVMS and Unreal Media Server.

If you want to create your own web application, you can use SDK for that.

But for uVMS, you cannot use SDK! uVMS is a ready-to-use web application, and you cannot customize it using SDK.
You will only break things if you try to do that. web.config for uVMS is the only place where you can change settings, apart from uVMS web pages.
For uVMS, you never need to open Media Server configurator and Archival Server configurator, you don't even need to know they exist on your computer.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Archival Server