Archive Server stop recording after 2 hours

Problems with Archival Server

Archive Server stop recording after 2 hours

Postby frankchen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:33 pm

I connect 3 IPCAMs into the Media server, and install an Archive server on the same machine. I have enabled the periodic cleanup to "7" days at Archive server and set "File Duration" at "Storage Setting" tab into "60" minutes , then start recording. I have checked the recording files in its path, and finding that recording stop after 2 hours. What happened? BTW, I have gotten my license from Unreal, and installed onto the system mentioned above.
frankchen

Re: Archive Server stop recording after 2 hours

Postby admin » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:10 am

So you had 2 files for each camera, each file is 60 minutes long, correct?
And no more files are generated?

That could happen if your IP cameras are no longer connected, something happened with network etc...
admin
Site Admin

Postby frankchen » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Sorry for my unclear description. I think you could rule the possibility of network broken out, because Live viewing is working correctly, I can confirm this.
After one day testing, I got some symptoms for reference:
1)When I start recording via uVMS web site, it results in interrupting recording. But recording logs could be normally written into SQL database. Is this an undiscovered bug?
2)If I start recording via Archive Server, it works fine, I mean I can see many archive files generated in my disk. But no any logs will be written into the "recordings" table in SQL database. I could realize why it would be.

Can you explain what happen in symptom 1?
frankchen

Postby admin » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Ohhhh, this is simple.

This is a question for uVMS. When you run uVMS, you MUST go to web.config file and look inside!
There are many different settings that you may want to change. One of them is:

<add key="ManualRecordingTimeLimit" value="120" /> <!--Manual (not scheduled) recording will be automatically stopped after this many minutes; set -1 for unlimited-->

This is why your recording via uVMS stops after 2 hours. The default is 120 minutes because sometimes people just forget to stop recording so it keeps recording forever. Set this to -1, but it will record until you manually stop it.

When using uVMS, you don't need to use Archival Server directly: uVMS web interface does everything.

And please read ALL uVMS webpages on how to operate uVMS:
http://www.umediaserver.net/uvms/index.html
admin
Site Admin

Return to Archival Server