Archival Server Not Recording

Problems with Archival Server

Archival Server Not Recording

Postby gipsyblues » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Could someone please help?

I keep getting this error from Archival server: "The system cannot find the path specified. Will keep trying to reconnect" what path are we talking about here??

I am able to stream successfully on Media Server 7.5 to any client connected to server from any LiveServer registered with the Media Server.
However, I cannot get Archival server 1.4 to record any stream. The following is how I configured my environment

1. On Media Server, under Archival Server, I entered the same IP address as that of Media Server since both Archival server and Media server are installed on the same hardware
b. for the port I entered 5121
c. I set password to a give value -let's say bimmer

Under Archival server, the following is my configuration
2.a Enable periodic clean up : 3 days
b. Accept Remote commands : checked
c. TCP port for listening to remote commands: 5121
d. Accept detector clips: checked
e. Detector listener settings
Set archival archival server password : bimmer ( same as set in Media Server)
Storage setting: default C:\Program Files (x86)\UnrealStreaming\UArchivalServer
Configure consumers: nothing checked

Adding Media Serrer
I right click on Àrchival Server and select Add new Media server
3a. i enter the same IP as media server since both media server and archive server are on the same computer
b. default media server port is 5119 (I changed that to 5121 since I set the archival entry to 5121 on the Media Server Archival Server entry) i changed both to 5119 and still got the same error
c Password: set same as that for media server "bimmer"

Adding Broadcast
I right clicked on the media server line to add the broadcast
4.I entered the live broadcast i want to archive
b. i did not change anything for the Storage settings, Configure MetaData and Configure Consumers
gipsyblues

Re: Archival Server Not Recording

Postby admin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:54 am

"I changed that to 5121 since I set the archival entry to 5121 "

No, you need to have them listening on different ports - leave Media Server on 5119 and Archival on 5121

Make sure you have Windows Media Format runtime there; it comes with Windows Media Player, for example.
admin
Site Admin

Postby streamer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:29 am

Can you please clarify, "Make sure you have Windows Media Format runtime there; it comes with Windows Media Player, for example."

I have followed same steps as previous post for auto archiving and cannot get it to work.

Thanks
streamer

Postby admin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:46 pm

What do you exactly mean by auto-archiving?
If your manual archive works, then the scheduled one will work too; this is not an issue of missing Windows Media Runtime.
admin
Site Admin

Postby streamer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Auto archiving refers to umediaserver signaling to archival server to begin archiving.

Manual and scheduled archiving are working.

I need archiving solution for um400 to connect to umediaserver, and umediaserver to signal archivalserver to begin archiving stream. i have followed all available instructions and i cannot get this type of archiving to work. I thought it could have something to with Windows Media Format Runtime. Please advise.
streamer

Postby streamer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:58 pm

All archiving operational -disregard previous post-thanks for all your help
streamer

Postby streamer » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:29 pm

I am unable to archive using um400 in archival mode for recording of motion detection video clips. I have noticed in user guide there is an "enable alarm" under liveview - config- motion detection. This option is not shown on my liveview.

"Remote archiving" with um400 triggering archival server is working. Archival server and umedia server are same IP address. Firewall is turned off. Please advise
streamer

Postby streamer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Admin please reply to using um400 and archival server for motion detection video clips as previously posted.
streamer

Return to Archival Server