Playing flash streams from .html files

Problems with Unreal Media Server

Playing flash streams from .html files

Postby Steph » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:57 am

Hello,

I have a bunch of videos on my unreal media server, with the Flash player (umsplayer.js) installed on the same server.
To play each videos, I have created individual .html files. Each .html launch a video, and are stored on a file servers. Our students (we are a public school) click on the xxx.html when they need it.
Here is a sample of a .html file:
<html>
<head>
<title>Video Marie-Rollet</title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cfpmr-video.cfpmr.com/FlashPlayer/umsplayer.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
</head>
<body id="unload-trigger-element">

<!-- player container -->
<div id="player-container">
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
embedPlayer('player-container', {
flashvars : {
'rtmp' : 'rtmp://cfpmr-video.cfpmr.com:5119/vod/metierformation/test.mp4',
'autoplay' : true
},
size : { width: 720, height: 480 },
playerStyle : 'quick'
});
</script>

</body>
</html>

Everything was working fine ... but some weeks ago, probably due to some windows update and chrome update, the video doesn't automatically launch when I click on my .html files
Chrome doesn't open the video at all, while Internet explorer show a warning at the bottom of the screen. Something like "IE restricted this webpage from running scripts or active x controls on this web page" (my computer is in French, so I'm not 100% sure the message is exactly the same on en english browser).
In Chrome pluggins settings, I can click the check box "always play/execute flash player files". After that, the video will play in chrome when I click on my .html file ... but I have around 500 computers here (mac/pc), I can't go and set the chrome plugin in every machines.

My firefox browser haven't been updates in 2 years, and still open the video files automatically when I click on the .html file.
Like I said, those .html are not on a web server, they are text files, stores on a file server.

Anyone have a clue?

(sorry for my spelling, english is not my native language)
Steph

Re: Playing flash streams from .html files

Postby admin » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:20 pm

First of all, why not to load these webpages from web server?
That could solve part of the problem.

Secondly, browsers start to restrict Flash use in favor of HTML5. for files, you could use <video src="link to your file"> instead of Flash player. You can allow Flash on individual browser, but each browser must do it.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Experience and troubleshooting