Problems with back media servers.

Problems with Unreal Media Server

Problems with back media servers.

Postby ziggiest » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:43 pm

Hello to all.

The current structure of my media servers is like that:

Transcoders & Unreal Live Servers > Unreal Media servers (Back) > Unreal Media servers(Edge) > Unreal Streaming Player.
All of the servers are on 2012 R2 X64.
In addition, I use licensed Media Server.
All of the servers are on the same network.
All of the Unreal Live Servers are on VM's, some of the Backs are on VM's and all of the Edge are on VM's too.

I recently transfered some of the Back Media servers on Dell and HP physical machines and here comes the problem: Once or twice the day, I have to restart every Back media server because some streams do not start on the streaming player or even if they start, the stream seems pretty laggy.... somehow it seens to have very low fps. As soon as I kill unreal service and it starts again, everything seems fine.

In addition, I use mpts protocol, if it helps.

I attach the only log I have that it may have something to do with my problem. I keep getting a lot of these for different streams on Event Viewer.

"The description for Event ID 0 from source UMediaServer cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Frame provider: Init failed for resource "Stream40". Error Code = 0x8007274C "

Thank you.
ziggiest

Re: Problems with back media servers.

Postby admin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Hello,

This message means that Media Server could not receive a live stream of alias "Stream40", because it could not connect to the ip:port specified.
Is it configured to receive a live stream from mpeg-ts encoder? Then it means that your encoder is not publishing the stream, or somehow the server cannot see it.

You new media server computers don't hibernate, nothing goes to sleep, always functional?
Also, there are no IP address conflicts in your LAN?
admin
Site Admin

Postby ziggiest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:21 am

Hello admin and thank you for the quick reply,

-"Is it configured to receive a live stream from mpeg-ts encoder? "
-Yes

"You new media server computers don't hibernate, nothing goes to sleep, always functional?"
-Yes, it is set to high performance and nothing goes to sleep.

-Also, there are no IP address conflicts in your LAN?
-I have strict DHCP server on my network, every online MAC is bind to IP.

Is there any way that we could enable debugging mode on media server?
ziggiest

Postby admin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:01 am

Does the mpeg-ts encoder run on the same media server computer or on another computer?
Could it be a UDP port conflict with some other app or live broadcast on the same computer?

If you would run VLC player on the same media server computer, playing the same mpeg-ts stream, would it play continuously, without problem?

It is hard to say what is going on and no logs will help you because this error code means that there is no mpeg2-ts stream published to this address. Simply no stream to pick up.
So you would better research the logs on the encoder side - was it publishing at that time?
admin
Site Admin

Return to Experience and troubleshooting