uStreamCaputer also captures Mouse Cursor.

All the issues related to streaming of recorded media.

uStreamCaputer also captures Mouse Cursor.

Postby Luke14789 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:16 pm

Hello,
I have been using uStreamCapture to stream live gameplay of PC games in windowed mode.
I am using Flash Media Encoder 3 to process the stream and send it to ustream.tv
Here is my problem,
Only recently, When streaming, ustreamcaputre would also capture the mouse cursor while i am in the game.
Which is not supposed to happen.
The cursor should only display while going in the menu of the game.
I read the readme file attached to the setup file, however I cannot seem to access the those registry keys to change the settings because they seem to be written for Windows XP.
I am running WIndows 7 64-bit.
If there is any other way to access those settings, any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in Advance for any input.
Luke
Luke14789

Re: uStreamCaputer also captures Mouse Cursor.

Postby admin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit version of UScreenCapture?

If you are using 32-bit version then you need to look into WOW64 section of registry, of course.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Luke14789 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:06 am

Ok, yes sorry about that.
I did manage to find the settings in Wow64 registry, however even with mouseCursor at value 0, I get the mouse cursor.
It's almost like uScreenCapture has hard-built in cursor, because it shows up AT ALL TIMES.
Here is an example, when i click on a program, the windows mouse cursor displays little sand watch right next to it signifying loading, but when I look over to FME, the Screen Capture has the same cursor, no sand watch.
Also, when the cursor changes shape according to certain games, the UscreenCap one stays the same white system cursor.
That thing just won't disappear !
I would love to use UScreenCap because it runs the streams smoother than UHScrCap, however I cannot stream FPS game with mouse cursor displaying at all times :-(
Luke14789

Postby admin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:59 am

That's taken care of in the latest version. Get it and life will shine.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Streaming Files