Pulling/Pushing live streams from one UMS to another

All the issues related to streaming of recorded media.

Pulling/Pushing live streams from one UMS to another

Postby viren » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:47 pm

Hi,

I have a peculiar situation where my UMS needs to push/pull a live stream from one UMS to another as I need the first UMS to provide this live stream by Unicast to a player embedded in my webpage. While the second UMS needs to multicast this live stream to a recording system that only accepts multicast streams. Both UMS are located remotely and the network connectivity between them does NOT support multicasting.

I would like to rebroadcast the live stream from the first UMS to the second UMS by Unicast over the network and then from the second UMS to the recording system - which is already configured for multicasting. I cannot use FMLE to broadcast these streams as it adds a latency which is not acceptable.

Is there any way to rebroadcast a live stream from one Unreal Media Server to another and how to configure it?

Thanks
Viren
viren

Re: Pulling/Pushing live streams from one UMS to another

Postby viren » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:55 pm

I did try to configure the DELEGATE LIVE BROADCAST in the UMS but it did not connect to the UMS that was receiving the dynamic stream from the Unreal Live Streaming Server.

Please provide configuration details.

Thanks
Viren
viren

Postby admin » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:53 pm

Delegate live broadcast can only pull from another Media Server, cannot push to it.
So on the server that wants to get a stream from another server, configure a delegate live broadcast, specifying the IP address of that another server and the alias of broadcast you want to pull.
admin
Site Admin

Postby viren » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:26 am

It worked.

Thanks
Viren
viren

Return to Streaming Files