DELEGATE MEDIA SERVER

All the issues related to streaming of recorded media.

Re: DELEGATE MEDIA SERVER

Postby blackcrusader » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:56 am

[quote="admin"]I don't get media server connection error - I have created the same delegate broadcast with same settings and can perfectly connect,
but getting an error "media server doesn't trust this delegate media server" - because of your security measures, which is very good.

So I am not sure why your delegate server cannot connect to your origin server. If you change UDP to TCP in the delegate broadcast settings, does it work?
Also, does the player play on your delegate server computer, if playing directly from the origin server?
Maybe UDP protocol is not allowed on your delegate server computer?[/quote]

Yes now we are at this point
getting an error "media server doesn't trust this delegate media server" - because of your security measures, which is very good.

I am not sure what security measures as I would assume allowing the delegate media IP address was added.

No antivrus, no windows firewall, so if not these then router settings?
blackcrusader

Postby admin » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:01 am

Did you add the IP address to the correct list: the "Allow" list, not the "Refuse" list?
Monitor IP traffic (wireshark) and on the last server and see which IP address actually sends the request.
admin
Site Admin

Postby blackcrusader » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:59 am

[quote="admin"]Did you add the IP address to the correct list: the "Allow" list, not the "Refuse" list?
Monitor IP traffic (wireshark) and on the last server and see which IP address actually sends the request.[/quote]

Yes on right hand side all delegates will be denied except then clicked on + and added IP. I also unchecked rebooted server then checked rebooted server on the delegate media access

Can also enter IP address and port in UMS player and connect but when we use the MPEG2 TS stream we get the error message.
blackcrusader

Postby blackcrusader » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:14 am

Thanks Admin for your help.

Yes the issue was a firewall that will need setup changes. Outside of the firewall delegate media ran fine so its just IP and port forwarding.

Thanks for all your help.
blackcrusader

Postby blackcrusader » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:02 am

How can I restrict the delegate media client to be allowed to stream each channel only once instead of them opening multiple streams on the same channel?
blackcrusader

Postby admin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:40 am

Please explain your question, what do you mean?
admin
Site Admin

Postby blackcrusader » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:02 am

[quote="admin"]Please explain your question, what do you mean?[/quote]

OK I give a client delegate media access to a server. There are 4 channels on the server. The intention is that client can stream each channel one time only.

But I find the client is opening the same channel multiple times.

Is there a way to restrict this to one channel being used once only per delegate media IP address?
blackcrusader

Postby admin » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:17 am

On the live broadcast configuration, you can limit conccurent player connections to this broadcast.
You can also set up IP restrictions for delegate live broadcast, so media servers can connect from allowed IP address only.

No other restrictions are possible.
admin
Site Admin

Postby blackcrusader » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:31 am

[quote="admin"]On the live broadcast configuration, you can limit conccurent player connections to this broadcast.
You can also set up IP restrictions for delegate live broadcast, so media servers can connect from allowed IP address only.

No other restrictions are possible.[/quote]

Thanks

Yes they are on restricted IP address setting.
blackcrusader

Postby blackcrusader » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:48 am

[quote="admin"]On the live broadcast configuration, you can limit conccurent player connections to this broadcast.

No other restrictions are possible.[/quote]

Hmmm I have set the limit to 1 but client is still able to access multiple times.

Is this only possible in licensed version or free version as well?
blackcrusader

PreviousNext

Return to Streaming Files