streaming recorded media

All the issues related to streaming of recorded media.

streaming recorded media

Postby b.bettle » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 am

Good Afternoon,
i am trying to play a video file inside the media root folder on a webpage with streamingmedia player. Comes up saying, does not have permission. Did read the article on making sure the mediaserver service runs as a particular user that has access to mediaroot folder. Now, i am logged into the computer that has mediaserver running and I have enuf domain access, and still cant access the recorded media on the local computer itself.Did I miss something? i have set "Anonymous Authentication" as well.

Pls help,

Thank you
b.bettle

Re: streaming recorded media

Postby tommybcool » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:05 am

In mediaserver, my virtual folders settings are set to inherit, anonymous access. In UMS File/properties, authentication method and user management anonymous with no users listed. Not sure what other settings your server might have.

Sounds like you found the sdk pages. Which html page example are you using for the source code? I use the old autoload mulitbrowser one from older sdk. Probably the File.htm is the new choice, or are you using using the multihead pages. I notice, chrome is not an option on my pages, although the um6.js file is setup to play using chrome.
tommybcool

Postby b.bettle » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:04 pm

I am using streaming media activeX--HTML pages hosting ActiveX control- sample pages. Do not have much HTML knowledge, but trying to work something amongst all the samples. basically, I am want to have a webpage that can play a live stream and a recorded media on a same page. live streaming works. but not much having luck with playing recorded media
b.bettle

Postby tommybcool » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:00 pm

o.UseLiveAlias (xxx) needs to point to something different like a playlist or an individual media file. The test.avi resource should give you a clue.
tommybcool

Return to Streaming Files