How do I do to watch my Live Broadcasting from outside?

All the issues related to streaming of recorded media.

How do I do to watch my Live Broadcasting from outside?

Postby filsdemaman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi,
Currently, my PC at home is installed Window 7 Premium so I have downloaded and installed Unreal Media Server & Unreal Media Player including Live Server all on a machine. All of these were configured and worked fine locally. But I cannot watch from the outside with other PC in any other destination even I installed the ActiveX control or Unreal Media Player Plungin onto the PC then watch and play what I am streaming and broadcasting at home simultaneously at the same time. What I need to do to be able?

I tried the options as follow:
ums://TCP:192.168.1.123:5119/MediaFiles (this solution, Unreal Media Player pop up a screen window, but the screen is black ---> message: Unreal Media Server is not responded)
ums://192.168.1.123:5119/MediaFiles
http://192.168.1.123:5119/MediaFiles
(192.168.1.123 is my PC or Unreal Media Sever machine IP address, not my Internet (public) IP address. My PC's ip address is behind a router)

Nothing is working. I don't what to do to be able to watch my video broadcasting at home?
Anyone has any idea to help?

Thanks.
filsdemaman

Re: How do I do to watch my Live Broadcasting from outside?

Postby admin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:57 pm

You need to open port 5119 in your external router, and forward it to your computer running Media Server.
External players will need to specify your public IP address.
admin
Site Admin

Postby filsdemaman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate. I am new in this field so it's hard to understand the technology configuration. However, when you said: "external players will need to specify my public IP address ". Please give me a bit more of details about this. Is that mean the external players need to type on his/her window browser like this:
mms://TCP:12.345.67.891:192.168.1.123:5119/MediaFiles? Or what's?
(12.345.67.891 --> is my public IP address and the ---> 192.168.1.123 is my media server machine's IP address)
Or how they connect ?

Thank you.
filsdemaman

Postby admin » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Just google for solution. This is a common knowledge. That's how you run any server behind NAT firewall.

They type mms://TCP:12.345.67.891:5119/MediaFiles
The router knows where to forward the request.
admin
Site Admin

Postby filsdemaman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks Admin., I appreciate. Now I'm going to try how it will be done. Thank you again.
filsdemaman

Postby filsdemaman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi admin.
I am newbie here so thanks for your patience. Here is the problem I tried to resolve by myself, but can't find the solution. On my PC, the machine that I installed the Media Server and Live Server, I can play successfully now externally and locally "Remote files and Remote Playlist files" But if I use a remote PC, whatever, using LAN or WAN, the Remote PC (can) plays ONLY the first folder not all folders which are in the Virtual Folder Name. Why? What I missed or should do for my configuration? Let say I use Streaming Media Player to play "Remote playlist files". Under remote playlist, I specify Media Server IP address which is the IP address of the machine I installed Media and Live server: 192.168.x.xxx:5119
Media Server IP address: 192.168.x.xxx:5119
Delivery method: Unicast
Transport protocol: TCP
Virtual folder name: Mediaroot (in mediaroot's foler or playlist, i have subfolder named "Platoon.wmv, Superamerica.wmv, Amigo.wmv and Skype.wmv )
With the remote PC that I was trying to connect to my multi media folders under Mediaroot, I put my URL as follow:
UMS://TCP:192.168.x.xxx:5119/mediaroot/platoon.wmv
(note: I cannot add anything else, otherwise the Streaming Media Player reject or doesn't know)
So the remote PC plays only a file, not those which are in queue in the folder. What to do to be played the whole playlist files which are in the same folder?

Thanks.
filsdemaman

Postby filsdemaman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Hello admin.

Meanwhile my PC at home is turned on, the Unreal Media Player is playing a "remote file" and the movie is in the middle. At the same time, I connect from work (or other destination) to watch the movie, and I want to see the same scene in the middle like the PC at home. Do you have any idea to help me? Currently, when I connect from work, it plays from the beginning for me. So I don't know how to do to get in the middle movie like the home PC which is playing at home. Would you like to help me?

Thanks.
filsdemaman

Return to Streaming Files