Streaming Two Live Sources error

All the issues related to streaming of recorded media.

Streaming Two Live Sources error

Postby maxseamus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:50 am

I am having some trouble streaming two live sources from the same Media Server. I am using two Happaugue USB tuners and set them both up with different TV Channels. I can launch either one fine but when I launch the other channel it takes a little while and then gives me the error "Unable to read RTP data" I can launch either channel fine by itself but I cannot launch both channels at the same time. I am trying to launch one channel on one machine and the other channel from another machine. I swear I had this working the other day fine and I don't know what I changed to make this stop working. Any ideas?
maxseamus

Re: Streaming Two Live Sources error

Postby admin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:19 am

Firstly, this is a category for streaming files. Please post questions to appropriate categories in the future.

Does it work in unicast mode? If yes then make sure you are not using two identical multicast groups for both of them.
Does live preview work on both tuners at the same time in the Live Config program?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Streaming Two Live Sources error

Postby maxseamus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:52 pm

Sorry about posting in the wrong catagory. If you want to delete this I can re-post in the correct catagory.

I'm still having an issue though. I ended up rebuilding the machine from scratch. I keep getting different errors though. I was able o preview both live sources on the server at the same time once but the second time I did it I got the error: "Media server dropped connection"

When I try connecting to the live sources from a remote machine I can connect to one live source but when I try to connect to the second I get the error: "Unable to read RTP data"

Ocassionally I can connect to both live sources remotly. This is random but I can get both streaming at the same time.

I have checked my drivers and replaced the tuner cards with new ones. Same issue.
I connected using unicast to the first source and it connected fine, when connecting to the second source I get the error "Media server dropped connection"

I have checked my multicast groups and they are correct. In fact I don't think the software will let you set the groups incorrectly.

As far as the network, it's a Gigabit network and everything is on the same subnet.
maxseamus

Return to Streaming Files