AVC1 Codec

All the issues related to streaming of recorded media.

AVC1 Codec

Postby clkclk » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:41 am

Hi there again

I have some MP4 files - when I try to play them from the server through the medai player I get an error saying that there is no video decoder found and refers to codec AVC1

I have the K-Lite mega codec pack version 6.40 (I think) loaded on the client device which includes FFDShow which is supposed to take care of playing the AVC1 codec. I have been into the FFDShow config programme like some websites suggest to ensure that it is not in a state of disabled (which it wasn't).

Is there somethign you can suggest, or a codec pack other than K-Lite that you can suggest that you know plays mp4 files in the player

I am running the Haali splitter that you recommended which solved my rendering problem

Many thanks
clkclk

Re: AVC1 Codec

Postby admin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:55 am

Download DivX Plus Codecs on your player computer
http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx-plus/codec-pack
admin
Site Admin

Postby clkclk » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:07 am

Hi

Do you have any other codec sets besides DivX that contain the AVC1 codec that you know work. I seem to have some form of compatibility and/or interoperability problem in that on the HP 6110 laptop I have, Streaming player works great (with non MP4 files from the server). As soon as I load DivX on the laptop, Streaming media player stops working - what happens is that it opens and then hangs and locks the laptop up

I know DivX works with media player on other laptops, its just the combination of 6110 from HP, DivX and Media player . As it's one of those types of faults it might just be easier for me to try a different codec pack that contains the AVC1 codec. Again I have already tried several with no luck (they work with media player but crash out with the original "AVC1 codec not supported") so was wondering if you had any others you know work besides DixX

Thanks once again
clkclk

Postby admin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:53 am

Try ffdshow
admin
Site Admin

Return to Streaming Files