Ustream Player - recording video and audio

All the issues related to streaming of recorded media.

Ustream Player - recording video and audio

Postby clkclk » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:05 am

Hi

I am new to the products and the forum so am something of a newbie

I work in a school where the students all have special needs and we have it all set up. However to help their learning it'd be good is the UStream Player could record the video and audio the look at when streaming (and or download the files they are looking at).

Are there plans to add functions like "record audio and video" and/or "download file" to the player? If there are, could I ask when. If there are no plans does anyone have any suggestions as to (ideally free) software that would allow this. I have tried some applications that claim to do this but they don't.

(I have looked at using VLC and also WMP as the player and use these to record, but firstly I have never actually managed to make them successfully connect to the stream from my server and secondly I like uStream Player and it's easy internal security from the server of the username and password and access control and don;t have or want to get into external authentication servers)

Any help greatly appreciated
clkclk

Re: Ustream Player - recording video and audio

Postby admin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:16 am

No, the player can't download files to the users computers.
If you want people to download files, just put them on web server; people can download them aside from streaming.

Speaking of live audio/video, you can set up Unreal Archival Server, which will record live streams into files; then you can, again,
let these files be streamed through our player, or be downloaded.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ustream Player - recording video and audio

Postby clkclk » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:35 pm

Many thanks for your swift and helpful response. I shall have a go at setting up the Archival Server and also at some time try to figure out why I can watch streams in WMP or VLC

Thanks once again for the info

Regards
clkclk

Return to Streaming Files