Unreal Media Server Forum Index Unreal Media Server
ATTENTION! THIS FORUM IS READ ONLY AS OF SEPTEMBER 1 2009.

PLEASE POST QUESTIONS TO OUR NEW FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skipping to next or previous song in playlist.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Media Server Forum Index -> Streaming Files
View previous topic :: View next topic  
virwtkn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Skipping to next or previous song in playlist. Reply with quote

I'm building a thick client player using the ActiveX control and the SDK. I've seen functions for playing, pausing, and stopping the playback but no functions for skipping to the next/previous song in a playlist or skipping to a specific song. I see that the functionality is built into the control, however I would perfer to use my own controls to manage the playback if possible (so they match the style of the rest of the application).

Are the functions used to skip to different files in the playlist available? If not please add that to your list of suggestions for the next version.

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a method of the ActiveX for getting whole playlist content - so you can build your own GUI for displaying the playlist and then you have full control for such things as "skip to next" etc.

Admin
virwtkn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen and successfully used the get_PlayListContent function, but looking in the ActiveX.html I don't see any functions for skipping songs. Besides play, pause and stop the only thing I've can find is Seek which just changes position in the media currently playing.

Can you provide me the names of the functions I need or direct me to where I can find the information in the SDK documentation?

Thanks
virwtkn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawned on me after I hit submit. What you meant was I could take full control over playing the playlist by manually requesting the next song when the current one was finished, instead of requesting the server play the full playlist. Right?
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

You call PlayPlaylist only once, actually to get it's content.
You display its content in your own GUI.
Then you only play individual items according to your GUI - you can do your "Next", "Previous" etc buttons.

Admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Media Server Forum Index -> Streaming Files All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: