Unreal Media Server Forum Index Unreal Media Server
ATTENTION! THIS FORUM IS READ ONLY AS OF SEPTEMBER 1 2009.

PLEASE POST QUESTIONS TO OUR NEW FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Streaming Media Player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Media Server Forum Index -> Streaming Files
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaspis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Problem with Streaming Media Player Reply with quote

Hi,

Sometimes when I am connected to Media Server my Streaming Media Player loose signal - it is shown only black background. When I restart Player video is OK but there is no audio. The only way to fix it is to disconnect users in Media Server Configurator. I think there is some bug, perhaps Media Server doesn't clear some information connected to connection. What can I do to fix it?

Cheers,
Pawel
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you streaming live content or file?

If file, what is the file - encoding, bitrate etc?
Does this happen also on the local computer, running Media Server?

If you are talking about live content, then the problem that you most probably have is insufficient bandwidth between Media Server and Live Server.

Admin
jaspis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am streaming live content. I set Live Media Server to stream signal with bitrates 378kbits for video and 32kbist for audio. In every location I have bandwidth 2Mb/s (in fact it is dedicated for Unreal) so the bandwidth shouldn't be the problem. It could be problem with quality of network sometimes and that is why a signal is lost, but why after restart Media Streaming Player there is no audio until I disconnect user in Media Server Configurator.

Cheers,
Pawel
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you streaming via TCP unicast, or RTP multicast?

There can not be any signal loss in TCP mode.
Also, does the same problem happen on the Media Server computer, if you run the player there?
(Actually I am sure it does)

What can be happening is bad clock timestamps for your audio. (driver problem)
What is your audio source and what is the video source?
What OS and version of DirectX does your Live Server computer have?

Admin
jaspis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am streaming via Unicast. In fact I don't know does it happen on the Media Server computer. All the infrastructure is placed at customer side so I can not do full debug mode. As far as I know once it happened in one location (other locations could hear audio) and after about 30 minutes other locations also lost audio. It is difficult to debug the reason becuase once it happens other time everything is OK.

OS version is XP SP2, I didn't check DirectX but I think it is at least 9. The video source is the video terminal Polycom VSX 5000 and the audio source is the PC Microphone connected to SB LIVE card.

Cheers,
Pawel
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real-time timestamps provided by audio and video source must not differ much. Check for updated drivers for both devices.

We have seen similar problems in the past streaming audio and video from completely different sources which were not in synch.

Is there any way to get access to this stream over the internet?
We could debug and tell you whether timestamps are really a problem.

Write to techsupport AT umediaserver.net

Admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Media Server Forum Index -> Streaming Files All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: