Unreal Media Server Forum Index Unreal Media Server
ATTENTION! THIS FORUM IS READ ONLY AS OF SEPTEMBER 1 2009.

PLEASE POST QUESTIONS TO OUR NEW FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

multiple streams from one camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Media Server Forum Index -> Live applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xlthim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: multiple streams from one camera Reply with quote

I have one camera/one capture card. I have only one client to be connected, but I have several different comms channels to connect with (1. 54MB radios, 2. Cellular modem, 3. Satt modem). And I also need to display the best possible picture on the server computer.
Is there a way to send the single video source to 4 profiles, so I could select on the client which profile to use depending on which comms are available? (1 would be uncompressed for the local server, 2 would be high bandwidth radio, 3 would be medium bandwidth for cellular, and 4 would be low bandwidth for satt).
By the way, I have to use the C# sample code to write my own viewer package because of camera controlling features. I can't use the stand-alone viewer program.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there is no way to use a single video source in multiple profiles.

The reason being - the hardware can only provide a particular frame rate/frame size at a time; for example, there is absolutely no way to get 320x240 and 640x480 frames at the same time.

The common solution is a hardware splitter - split video signal to multiple capture cards/channels.

Admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Media Server Forum Index -> Live applications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: